We realize how annoying it is that your FPS is still relatively low despite having a powerful PC. And we’re available to assist. This post explains how to fix low FPS in Minecraft without going too far into the advanced settings.
How to Fix Low FPS in Minecraft
- Disable fullscreen optimization
- Update your graphics driver
- Install mods
- Close RAM-intensive tasks
- Change in-game settings
- Set javaw.exe to high priority
Method 1: Disable fullscreen optimization
- Just right-click on the Minecraft shortcut on the desktop.
- Click on properties.
- Tap on the compatibility tab
- Click on disable fullscreen optimizations
- Tap on Apply.
- Now launch the game to check.
Try eliminating fullscreen optimizations to see if it helps when you’re experiencing FPS issues.
Method 2: Update your graphics driver
- Manually update your graphics drivers
- Automatically update your graphics drivers
Manually update your graphics drivers:
- Press the Windows logo key and R to bring up the Run box.
- Type dxdiag in the box.
- Press on Enter.
- Select Display Tab.
- Take notes on the name & manufacturer.
- Tap the link based on your needs
- Install the drivers manually.
You must first check the drivers already installed on your computer before updating your graphics drivers. Afterward, visit the manufacturer’s website to download and install the proper drivers for your system.
Automatically update your graphics drivers:
- Download and install Driver easy.
- Run Driver Easy.
- Click on Scan now.
- Then your computer will be scanned by Driver Easy to find any out-of-date or missing drivers.
- Tap on Update all.
- When Driver Easy is finished, it will download and update all of your missing and out-of-date device drivers, giving you the most recent versions of them straight from the device’s manufacturer.
This calls for the Pro version, which offers 30-day money-back assurance and complete support. When you select Update All, a request to upgrade will appear.
You can update your drivers using the FREE version if you don’t want to upgrade to the Pro version. All you have to do is manually install them after downloading each one separately.
If you’re not tech-savvy, manually updating your graphics driver may be difficult and demand a certain level of computer literacy.
As a result, we suggest using Driver Easy, an automatic driver updater. You don’t need to waste time looking for driver updates when you have Driver Easy because it will take care of the tedious work for you.
On your computer, graphics cards aid in the accurate visual depiction of everything. And your graphics driver aids in maximizing the performance of your apparatus.
Even if you have a powerful PC and want to play Minecraft, if it is old, you won’t be able to get a good frame rate.
Method 3: Install mods
There are certain tweaks made expressly to boost the frame rate. Therefore, you can install them to enhance your gaming experience.
Download the mods
Players are increasingly using BetterFps and Optifine to increase Minecraft’s frame rates. Select the version that is compatible with your Minecraft by picking one of them.
Install the mods
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Navigate to the Download Recommended section.
- Click on the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install.
- Press the Windows logo key + R for the run box.
- Type %appdata%.
- Click onEnter.
- Navigate to the folder /.minecraft/mods.
- Run Minecraft after placing the jar file for the installed mods in the mods folder.
Method 4: Close RAM-intensive tasks
- Press the Windows logo key and R.
- Type taskmgr.
- Right-click on the task you want to close.
- Tap on End task.
Low FPS in your games may result from RAM-intensive programs like word processors and web browsers, which can consume a lot of memory. You can complete those things while playing games.
Method 5: Change in-game settings
Sometimes the default video settings won’t provide you with the best gaming experience. Therefore, altering it in the game’s Options menu can improve playability.
The video settings you should modify are shown below:
|Render Distance||4 Short|
Method 6: Set javaw.exe to high priority
For certain gamers, giving javaw.exe a high priority has been shown to work. So give it a try if you want to improve Minecraft’s performance.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together to open Task Manager.
- Right-click on javaw.exe.
- Click on Set priority.
- Tap on high.
These are the techniques for improving Minecraft’s FPS. If they do, your game ought to appear nicer and run more smoothly!
- Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase: how to watch the Microsoft conference
- How to Fix Fortnite Crash on PC
Due to the complexity of the game, it is common to encounter issues, bugs, and subpar optimization. But most of the time, it won’t take much work to repair any of these issues.
People May Ask
Why is my FPS in Minecraft so low?
You might occasionally encounter low frame rates or FPS (frames per second) while playing Minecraft: Java Edition. This can be the result of background programs running or just a lack of processing power to run the game smoothly in your current settings.
Why is my Minecraft FPS so low on a high-end PC?
If you have a powerful GPU but still experience low frame rates in Minecraft, this indicates that not enough RAM has been set up for it. For instance, if you have a GTX 1080, you can use up to 8GB of its available memory. Go to your Minecraft launcher and increase the memory that has been assigned.
Does OptiFine improve FPS?
Numerous optimizations included in OptiFine should raise the FPS without requiring any settings. By adjusting the Video Settings and finding the balance between performance and quality that suits you best, you can increase the FPS even further.
Does RAM increase FPS?
If you’re not aware, the number of full-screen images that are displayed in a second is known as frames per second, or FPS. Having additional RAM will assist produce more frames per second because RAM saves temporary information.
Can CPU affect FPS?
The processing speed of a CPU does impact FPS because the CPU handles all game logic. Additionally, switching to a more recent CPU might improve your gaming performance slightly.
Do graphics cards increase FPS?
The best component to improve your gaming performance is a new graphics card. Nevertheless, you can improve your PC modestly to get somewhat higher frame rates.
What affects your FPS?
The FPS being displayed on your screen is directly influenced by the GPU. Your FPS will increase as your screen’s images update more quickly. The CPU also contributes to higher FPS since, to avoid bottlenecks, its performance must match that of the GPU.