How to fix Windows 11 black screen issues- This page details all of the tested and effective remedies for the widespread Windows 11 black screen bug.
The advice and solutions on this page apply to all Windows 11 devices, including Microsoft’s Surface two-in-one tablets as well as desktop and laptop PCs.
How to Fix Windows 11 Black Screen Issues
- Turn on the system.
- Adjust the brightness settings.
- Check all screen inputs.
- Check graphics and compatibility.
- Your graphics card probably isn’t compatible with this one particular task if you only experience black screens when utilising a particular software or video game.
- Now turn your system off.
- Carefully check monitor connecting cable.
- Now check hardware restrictions.
- Check capture card ports.
- Whatever is causing your Windows 11 black screen issue can be resolved with a fast restart.
- Now disconnect all devices.
- Restart the system again.
- Unplug all devices that are physically connect.
- Restart video driver.
- Use Windows + Ctrl + Shift + B.
- Make use of the Microsoft Surface hack. Press the physical Volume Up and Volume Down buttons together three times in a row if you’re using a Microsoft Surface device.
- Your screen should briefly flicker and reset if everything is done correctly.
- Perform complete shut down.
- Clean up monitor and computer.
- Change your monitor. If at all feasible, try connecting your desktop computer to a different display if you’re using one.
- If that monitor likewise displays a blank screen, the problem is probably with the software or drivers.
- Your primary display is likely broken and in need of repair or replacement if the secondary monitor functions flawlessly.
- Utilize an HDMI or USB cable to link to a different screen. Connect your Windows 11 laptop or PC physically to a different screen, such as a TV.
- You can now use this second screen to carry out the following suggestions because its screen should automatically mirror on it.
- Change the HDMI or USB cable. Your Windows 11 black screen issue could potentially be caused by the connecting cord.
- Launch Windows 11 in Safe Mode first. Try restarting your device in Windows Safe Mode if at all possible.
- If doing so gets around the black screen problem, your screen or monitor is probably in good shape and the malfunction is being caused by a software or driver issue.
- Your Bluetooth speakers and other devices should be turned on.
- Check Bluetooth devices that you’ve previously linked to it if your Windows 11 device has a dark screen and you’re not sure whether it’s even turning on properly.
- For instance, Bose speakers and headphones will tone or voice message you to let you know they are linked to your computer.
- You should have your Bluetooth speakers and other devices turned on.
- If your Windows 11 device has a dark screen and you’re not sure whether it’s even turning on properly, check Bluetooth devices that you’ve previously paired to it.
- As an illustration, Bose headphones and speakers will tone or leave you a voicemail to inform you that they are connected to your computer.
- Your driver software. Update the monitor and display adaptor drivers by opening Device Manager.
- Run a diagnostic and troubleshooting tools in Windows.
- This is often a very good technique to find issues with Windows’ hardware and software.
- Adapt your monitor’s settings. This procedure can enhance the overall performance and image quality of the monitor in addition to fixing any problems it may be having.
- Remove antivirus software. Uninstall any recent third-party malware or anti-virus software, restart your computer, and check if the black screen issue is resolved.
- Turn off Windows 11’s Fast Startup option. Although useful, this feature has a history of resulting in black screens.
- Change the graphics drivers back. Roll back the drivers for Monitors and Display Adaptors if you can access your computer on a different display to see if that resolves the problem.
- To restore the system. Roll back to a restore point where everything was as it was when you first noticed the black screen issue if you feel that a recent change you made to your Windows 11 device is to blame.
What Causes the Windows 11 Black Screen of Death?
When using Windows 11, it has been known to happen when carrying out a range of tasks on desktop computers, tablets, and laptops. This phenomenon is referred to as the Windows 11 Black Screen of Death. Sometimes the screen turns off, and other times it stays on but is unable to show any images.
Just as frequent as the Windows 11 black screen after login issue is Windows 11 being stuck on a black screen before login. The black screen can also appear when an app is launched and closed, when watching media, when a computer is connected to an external power source, and after an app, driver, or operating system update has been installed.
The issue can occasionally be brought on by more complicated problems like driver and programme incompatibilities, an incompatible graphics card, or even a hardware issue, but simple reasons like the monitor being off or not connected properly are fairly prevalent.
- How to Downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10
- How To Reset Forgotten Password In Windows 10 and Windows 11
- How to install the Windows 11 22H2 update early
How to resolve black screen problems in Windows 11. This page lists all of the tried-and-true cures. All Windows 11 devices, including desktop and laptop PCs and Microsoft’s Surface two-in-one tablets, are covered by the suggestions and solutions on this page.
Check Bluetooth devices you’ve already attached to your Windows 11 device if the screen is dark and you’re unsure if the device is even turning on properly. Restart your computer, uninstall any recently installed third-party malware, and then check to see if the black screen problem has been fixed.
If Windows 11 gives you a blank screen, revert the graphics drivers for your displays and display adapters. The Windows 11 Black Screen of Death is the term used to describe this occurrence.
People May Ask
How do I solve a black screen with a cursor in Windows 11?
The cursor may simply be trapped in a process if the rest of the screen is black but you can still see it. Try hitting Ctrl + Alt + Delete to launch the Task Manager and quit any ongoing processes. Otherwise, restart your computer hard by following the preceding instructions.
How can I fix a laptop running Windows 11 with a blank screen?
Whether you’re using a laptop or a desktop, the aforementioned adjustments ought to function. Restart, check your ports, update your drivers, and confirm that your graphics cards are compatible.
Why is the screen black while my PC is running?
We’ll examine a few potential causes of a blank or black screen: issues with your screen or monitor’s connection. updating display adapter drivers problems. recent system installations or updates problems.
Why does my Windows 11 screen turn black?
This will immediately fix the black screen on Windows 11 if your computer is experiencing any graphics driver-related problems. 1. To restart the graphics driver in Windows 11, simply press the “Windows + Ctrl + Shift + B” keys simultaneously. Give your Windows 11 computer a minute, and the black screen ought to be gone.