- What is Dark Mode?
- How To Turn On Dark Mode On Snapchat?
- Turn on Dark Mode in Snapchat on Your iPhone
- Get Snapchat Dark Mode on Any Android Phone
When individuals use their phones late at night, they often experience eye strain, but the bright blue light from displays can make it difficult to sleep, induce headaches, and other problems.
To get around this, many apps, websites, and smart gadgets provide dark mode as an option. However, if there’s one app that defied industry convention, it has to be Snapchat.
Many individuals use Snap Streaks to keep in touch with pals, and the photo-centric messaging app recently added dark mode to iOS early this year, with Android compatibility coming soon. We’ll walk you through the steps How To Turn On Dark Mode On Snapchat.
What is Dark Mode?
So , what is dark mode? Dark Mode (also known as night mode) is a setting that changes the app’s colour palette to a darker landscape.
Dark mode is also known as bedtime mode, and it is the display setting to use if you want to remain up late with the lights turned off.
Dark Mode is available on Facebook and many other apps, including Snapchat.
Unfortunately, not all apps include a night mode–even the most popular ones have yet to implement this useful function.
Here’s how to enable dark mode on Snapchat, regardless of what other applications can do.
How To Turn On Dark Mode On Snapchat?
The dark theme is enabled or disabled natively in the Snapchat app for iPhone, but it is not available in the Android app.
Many Android users have been asking how to enable dark mode Snapchat on their devices for a long time. And you’ve arrived at the correct location.
On your Android phone, we’ve included a handy workaround for enabling dark theme in Snapchat. Let’s get started without further ado.
Turn on Dark Mode in Snapchat on Your iPhone
- To open your Snapchat profile, tap the Bitmoji icon in the top-left corner.
- Press the Settings gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen from the profile page.
- Tap “App Appearance” under “My Account” settings to see the opportunity to modify Snapchat’s theme.
- To enable dark mode on Snapchat from your iPhone, go to the “App Appearance” settings and select “Always dark.”
Enable Snapchat Dark Mode in Oppo, Vivo, or OnePlus Phones
On select Oppo, Vivo, and OnePlus phones, you can leverage ColorOS/experimental FuntouchOS’s per-app forced dark mode to enable Snapchat dark mode. It’s worth noting that you’ll need to be on an OxygenOS build based on ColorOS if you’re using a OnePlus phone.
- Go to Settings and select “Display & Brightness.” Now press “Dark mode settings” to adjust your phone’s dark mode settings.
- You’ll see a list of apps that are compatible with forced dark mode if you tap “Dark mode for third-party apps (Beta).”
- Find Snapchat in the list of compatible apps and turn it on. To enable dark mode on Snapchat, select “Turn on” when the confirmation window appears.
- Now is the time to open Snapchat and enjoy the dark theme! This version looks better than the Developer Options-enabled system-wide forced dark mode. The screenshots below are from a OnePlus Nord 2 running OxygenOS 11 and Snapchat version 126.96.36.199, in case you’re curious.
How To Turn Snapchat to dark mode on Android
Snapchat doesn’t have an official dark mode setting on Android just yet. We will be updating this section as soon as Snapchat announces the dark theme for its Android app.
The closest option you get right now is by activating the “forced systemwide dark mode” option from developer options.
While it isn’t perfect, it is better than staring at the current retina-blinding light mode on Android. So, in case you are interested in force-enabling dark mode in Snapchat for Android, here’s how to do it:
- Press “About phone” in the Settings app. Now scroll down and tap the “Build number” seven times. Your Android device’s developer mode is now enabled.
- To access developer settings, return to the Settings home page and select “System -> Developer options.”
- You’ve now successfully activated forced dark mode on your phone by enabling the “Override force-dark” setting. In the future, you’ll notice that apps that don’t support dark mode will have their colors inverted by Android.
- To get Snapchat version 10.72.0.0 on your device, go to APKMirror and click the “Download APK” button. If you follow this strategy, you may miss out on new features, but it’s a cost you’ll have to pay.
- The forced dark mode toggle, as shown in the image below, allows you to manually enable the dark theme in Snapchat for Android. The text is readable and does not have any concerns with readability.
Note: Newer Snapchat versions do not respond to forced dark mode, and the Android app remains in light mode. As a result, you’ll need to use APKMirror to download and install a previous version of Snapchat.
While “Blue Light Filter” does not provide Dark Mode to Snapchat, it does allow you to adjust the harsh lights that are emitted from your phone’s screen.
Read Also: Redmi Note 12 Will Be Launched in Second Half Of 2022
The Blue Light Filter software does not involve rooting your Android phone and instead functions as a screen protector. Blue Light Filter is a non-intrusive solution for reducing the bright lighting of Snapchat.
In 2022, Snapchat is one of the few prominent social media apps that does not support dark themes for Android. While we hope the firm improves next year, we hope this guide has given you a sneak peek of the feature right now.
People May Ask
Q- Does Snapchat have an official dark theme for Android?
A- No, Snapchat’s Android app does not have an official dark theme. You can, however, utilise workarounds to put Snapchat into dark mode.
Q- Why does Snapchat’s forced dark mode not work?
A- Developer Options allows you to force a dark mode over the entire system. Snapchat’s newest builds no longer work. As a result, if you want to utilize the forced dark theme, you’ll have to use an older build. With the latest versions of Snapchat, you can use the per-app forced dark theme workaround available on select Oppo, Vivo, and OnePlus phones.
Q- Why don’t I have Snapchat’s dark mode?
A- To use dark mode on iOS, make sure you’ve upgraded to the most recent version of Snapchat.
Q- Is it true that Dark Mode extends battery life?
A- Most users will notice that their device’s battery lasts a little longer after switching to a darker theme. Using a brighter theme uses more battery than using a darker one, therefore it’s one approach to get better battery life.
Q- Will Snapchat ever have a Dark Mode for Android users?
A- At the moment, the only response to this question is that we hope so. Unfortunately, Snapchat has yet to confirm the darker tone for Android users, even this early in 2022.
- how to make snapchat dark mode
- How to get dark mode on snapchat
- how to put dark mode on snapchat
- dark mode snapchat
- snapchat dark mode
- how to turn dark mode on snapchat