Version 21H2 (original) of Windows 11 KB5019157 has been updated with a few improvements and a number of bug fixes. For Windows 11 KB5019157 offline installers, Microsoft has once again provided direct download links. These can be used to manually upgrade the systems.
There is no newer version of Windows 11 that can use KB5019157 because it is an optional update for version 21H2 of the operating system. Although this isn’t a huge cumulative update, it does contain numerous important fixes and enhancements. For instance, with the update, Microsoft is bringing Quick Assist back to Windows 11.
For the benefit of those who are unaware, Windows 11 was released last year without the Quick Assist app, a tool that enables users to view or control a device remotely over a network or the internet and is employed by businesses to address hardware-related problems on the devices of their employees. Anyone can fix problems using the tool remotely, without ever touching the PC.
For x64-based systems, this optional patch would appear on Windows Update as “2022-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 21H2 (KB5019157)”. Simply click the “download and install” link to start the installation, and when prompted, restart the computer.
Your device’s system build number will increase to Windows 11 Build 22000.1281 after installing the upgrade, although the version number will remain 21H2.
Windows 11 KB5019157 (Build 22000.1281) changelog
Microsoft has fixed frequent problems for the Microsoft Store when attempting to install new updates in addition to Quick Assist. The update resolves a problem that has an impact on the dependability of app installations on systems under enterprise management.
Other problems, including one affecting on-premises users of the Unified Update Platform (UUP), have been resolved by Microsoft. D3D9 may no longer function properly when you utilise Remote Desktop due to an issue that has been resolved. Additionally, a problem affecting the Windows Firewall service is addressed.
Here is a list of all significant updates and problem fixes:
Fixed a bug that allowed programmes to operate outside of the Windows Lock Down Policy
- Resolved a problem that existed with Defender for Endpoint.
- Fixed a problem with TextInputHost.exe.
- A problem with pinned apps on the Start menu has been resolved.
The update also comes with Windows 11 servicing stack update, build 22000.1270, in addition to the aforementioned issue patches. Installing the bundled servicing stack may improve the servicing stack’s quality, resulting in a more stable and dependable Windows Update experience.
Microsoft acknowledged at least two minor known issues in this release in the documentation:
- With Kerberos authentication, users could experience difficulties.
- In the event that network connectivity is briefly lost, users might not be able to connect to Direct Access.
The company is unaware of any significant problems, and we were unable to discover any complaints of widespread issues either. The November 2022 Update for Windows 11 is probably stable and can be installed on primary machines, but it is always preferable to forego optional updates in favour of the bug fixes in the upcoming month’s Patch Tuesday cycle.
Later this month, users of Windows 11 22H2 will receive a different optional update.
It is also important to note that due to reduced operations during the holiday season, Microsoft will not be releasing any new optional updates in December. While the optional updates won’t be made available, a monthly security release will be made available in December 2022.
In the changelog, Microsoft explains that has fixed a number of problems affecting businesses and enterprises using Windows 11. What is being repaired in this new release is as follows:
- It fixes a few recurring update issues with the Microsoft Store.
- It deals with a problem that has an impact on the Republic of Fiji’s DST. DST is dropped for 2022.
- It deals with a problem that some business-managed devices experience. For them, it increases the dependability of app installations.
- It addresses a problem that affects on-premises users of the Unified Update Platform (UUP). The barrier preventing them from obtaining offline language packs is removed.
- It solves a problem that impacts virtual computer objects (VCO) or cluster name objects (CNO) (VCO). Unable to reset password. There was a problem changing the AD password, and the error code was 0x80070005.
- It addresses a problem that Microsoft Direct3D 9 suffers from (D3D9). When you utilise Microsoft Remote Desktop, D3D9 stops functioning.
- It deals with a problem that the Windows Firewall service is affected by. When you enable the Override block rules option, it does not begin.
- It fixes a problem that may have an impact on programmes that use the Windows Lock Down Policy (WLDP). They could quit functioning.
- It deals with a problem that Microsoft Defender for Endpoint has. Live response investigations are prohibited by automated investigation.
- It fixes a problem that TextInputHost.exe is experiencing. It halts replying.
- It fixes a problem with pinned apps on the Start menu. Moving between pages of pinned apps causes the Start menu to cease functioning. If the language is a, then this problem arises.
Both Windows Update and the Microsoft Update Catalog offer the update.
- How to Fix Bluetooth Audio Not Working on Windows 11
- Microsoft is Adding Android 13 Features to Windows 11
- How to Run Windows 11 on Unsupported PC
The optional Windows 11 KB5019157 upgrade is for operating system version 21H2. When trying to install new updates, Microsoft Store frequently had issues. The update also fixes a bug that affects how dependable app installations are when managed by an organisation. The Windows 11 November 2022 Update is most likely stable and can be set up on main computers. Later this month, Windows 11 22H2 users will get a different optional update.
Microsoft won’t be issuing any new optional updates in December due to lowered operations during the Christmas season. It addresses issues with TextInputHost.exe and Microsoft Direct3D 9 (D3D9). When switching between pages of pinned apps, the Start menu becomes unresponsive.
Is cumulative update for Windows 11 necessary?
If you have already installed this update, nothing further needs to be done. The Windows 11 release of September 20, 2022 offers cumulative stability upgrades for both the. NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8. We advise you to incorporate this update into your routine maintenance schedule.
What are cumulative updates for Windows 11?
Windows 11 uses the well-known Windows cumulative update procedure for monthly security updates, often known as a “B” release, Patch Tuesday, or Update Tuesday. All prior updates will still be included in these monthly releases to keep devices secure and functional.
How do I fix the cumulative update in Windows 11?
- The Windows Update Troubleshooter should be used.
- Open all dependencies for the Windows Update Service.
- Delete the folders for Catroot2 and SoftwareDistribution.
- Reset each and every Windows Update Dependency.
- Conduct SFC and DISM scans.
- Disable any third-party antivirus software, if necessary.
- Install the problematic cumulative update by hand.
- Install a repair and clean programme.